What Are Some Examples?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) of Australia helps people with disabilities by funding of a wide range of supports. These supports include but are not limited to employment, social participation, living arrangements, and health and wellbeing.
Because of the different types of support you can get funding for, it can be confusing to identify which the NDIS will cover. While reading on NDIS information, you may keep coming across the NDIS terms “reasonable” and “necessary” relating to supports. But what does this mean?
In simple words, reasonable is something that is fair. Necessary is something you have to have because of your disability in order to live an ordinary life.
A support or service that is reasonable and necessary:
- must be effective and beneficial to a participant’s specific disability
- does not include daily living expenses such as rent, food, utilities (water, electricity, phone), etc.
- represents good value for money
- Is not a support being given to you or can be given to you by other government services, your family, and the community
Some NDIS support services that you can receive funding for include:
- Support workers to help with daily tasks such as personal care
- Therapeutic supports like counselling
- Assistive Technology aids and equipment
- Home modifications
- Assistance with social and community participation
- Coordination of Supports
- Assistance in finding and keeping a job
Every individual has different needs. Thus, it is important that you are ready to explain why a request for a certain support is “reasonable” and “necessary” in your situation.
Australia Disability Services: The Trusted NDIS Service Provider in Victoria
Already know what NDIS support services you need for achieving your life goals? Then looking for the right NDIS service provider will be the next step. No need to go through a long online list of “ndis providers near me”! You can trust Australia Disability Services for its quality and professional support services which include health and well being services, respite care, community participation, daily life assistance, accommodation assistance, and support coordination to make the most out of your NDIS plan.
Get in touch with us now so you’re on your way to a comfortable and independent life!